Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Training

Well I felt that it was time to write about the training going on for the last 5-6 weeks and get ready to focus on my first race of 2010.
The training I believe has been well and I have used the treadmill here and there more as of late. I find myself always running much harder then I need to when I do this, but I feel that it will pay off with the races that I will run starting on Sunday.
For the last 5 weeks I have done 85 miles, 70 miles, 88 miles, 87 miles and 80 miles. This week is going to be a down week not only because I will race, but rather due to the change of schools for student teaching. I now have to be out the door by 7:00 to be ready to go at one of our local high schools. I hate waking up early and now I get home and feel just worn down. I am going to try to run 2 times a day here and there because I will most likely start running with another local high school team to meet the requirements of my student teaching.
Some interesting stuff I have done on the treadmill:
10 miles in 52:08 starting at 5:40 pace dropping down to 5 flat pace at mile 10.
6.2 miles in 31:19. Just kinda wanted to have a harder effort with this one.
Most other runs start at 6 min pace and end up around 5:10 to 5:07 pace. I just like to hit the mill hard. Even easy runs end up being at 5:30-5:40 pace. Other then the indoor workouts, the only other one I have done was a 7,6,5,4,3,2,1 workout on 1 min rest with everything being under 5:20 pace and with the 4,3,2,1 parts being closer to 5 min or faster pace. This is an interesting workout and one that I would have never done before. That's what happens when you have someone to run workouts with.
Well, 10k down in Pueblo this weekend and a 5k on the 14 here in the Springs.
Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment